The Des Moines Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) seeks to fill a planner position on its staff. The level of planner position (i.e., Planner I, Associate Planner or Senior Planner) will be determined based on the qualifications of the applicant selected. An exempt, full time position, the planner will work under the general direction of the MPO’s Planning Manager, and in consultation with the MPO’s Assistant Director and/or Executive Director, to perform a variety of professional transportation planning assignments and activities. More specifically, the position will be focused on data, GIS, and modeling. Duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Leading the MPO’s data collection and analysis efforts
- Managing the MPO’s GIS programs and data
- Running the MPO’s travel demand model (TRANSCAD) and updating the model as necessary
- Managing the MPO’s Iowa Data Bike project
- Developing quarterly reports on MPO long-range plan performance measures
- Developing performance targets as prescribed by the FAST Act
- Developing and using land use scenario models (e.g., Envision Tomorrow)
A complete job announcement with additional information is available here.
How to Apply
Complete an online application (available here) and mail or email a cover letter and current resume to:
Des Moines Area Metropolitan Planning Organization
Attn: Dylan Mullenix, Assistant Director
420 Watson Powell Jr. Pkwy, Suite 200
Des Moines, IA 50309
The Des Moines Area Metropolitan Planning Organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified disabled applicants who need a reasonable accommodation in order to take the examination/interview must inform this office before the interview date.
Applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen before beginning employment with the Des Moines Area Metropolitan Planning Organization.
The position is open until filled.
Date Released: March 19, 2019