A variety of environmental issues are linked to transportation policies and policies that guide the expansion of transportation infrastructure. The Des Moines Area MPO assists in ensuring that regional decision makers are aware of the affect that transportation has on water quality, wildlife habitat, natural and socio-cultural resources, and climate change.
The Environment Roundtable is comprised of local experts that help to guide the efforts the MPO’s transportation related activities as well as spearheading other regional planning efforts including implementation of aspects of The Tomorrow Plan.
If you have questions about the group, or would like copies of past agendas or minutes, please contact Allison Riley.
Agendas & Minutes
*Supplemental items included are versions that were presented at that meeting.
Planning to attend a meeting?
Anyone planning to attend MPO meetings who may need auxiliary aids or services should contact the Des Moines Area MPO office at 515-334-0075. Please call at least 48 hours in advance so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
- Ankeny Park and Recreation
- Capital Crossroads – Environmental Capital
- Center on Sustainable Communities
- Central Iowa Sierra Club and Des Moines Area Audubon
- Department of Natural Resources
- Des Moines Area Community College
- Des Moines Izaak Walton League of America
- Des Moines Park and Recreation
- Des Moines Water Works
- Drake University
- Environmental Law and Policy Center
- Growing Green Communities
- Iowa Audubon
- Iowa Clean Cities Coalition
- Iowa Department of Public Health
- Iowa Economic Development Authority
- Iowa Energy Office
- Iowa Interfaith Power and Light
- Iowa Floodplain and Stormwater Management Association
- Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation
- Iowa Rivers Revival
- Madison County Conservation
- Metro Waste Authority
- Pleasant Hill Park and Recreation
- Polk County Conservation
- Polk Soil and Water Conservation District
- Trees Forever