The Traffic Management Advisory Committee (TMAC) is a regional forum to discuss incident management, traffic management, and intelligent transportation systems.
TMAC is affiliated with the Iowa Statewide Multi-Discipline Safety Team (MDST) Program. More information on the Des Moines MDST is available at https://sites.google.com/view/iowaltapmdst/existing-mdst-groups/des-moines-tmac.
TMAC meets at 10 AM on the first Wednesday of each month at the Polk County Emergency Management office. The meetings are open to the public. In the interest of public health and to assist with current coronavirus COVID-19 efforts, TMAC in-person meetings are postponed but upcoming TMAC meetings may be shifted online.
Updated 2020 Meeting Dates
February 19th March 18th (Canceled) April 1st (Canceled) June 8th (Zoom Meeting)
- July 8th (Zoom)
- Postponed – potential online meetings
May 6th (Canceled)
- August 5th
- September 2nd
- October 7th
- November 4th
- December 2nd
List of TMAC 2020 Meeting Topics
- Best Practices
- Emergency Vehicle Warning Best Practices
- Distracted Driving and Countermeasures
- Metro-wide Training Handout (Services Boook) on Available Training
- Construction within the MPO and Continued Construction Updates
- Workzone Safety Initiatives
- Information on Planned Safety Improvements on Major Roadways
- Incident Response and Management
- Quick Clearance
- Better Local Agency Access to Traffic Cameras
- Sharing Resources for Incidents
- Lane Closure Management Across the Metro
- Infrastructure and Technology
- Outdated Infrastructure
- Connected Vehicles
- Towing Company Safety
- Towing Recovery Incentive Program (TRIP)
- Information and Sharing with Towing Companies
If you have an interest in roadway safety and efficiency or have questions about the group, please call or email Zhi Chen at 515-334-0075 or email@example.com.
Planning to attend a meeting?
Anyone planning to attend MPO meetings who may need auxiliary aids or services should call the Des Moines Area MPO office at 515-334-0075. Please call at least 48 hours in advance so that appropriate arrangements can be made.