Many communities in the region are recognizing that food trucks are here to stay and are no longer a downtown Des Moines amenity. Many cities in the region recognize mobile food vending is a substantial departure from vending typically associated with outdated location regulations. City leaders recognize there is no “one size fits all” prescription for how to effectively incorporate food trucks into their community. The following are initial steps to develop a regional approach for best practices and policies relating to food vending across the metro.
- Overview and introduction to best practices
- Recommended ordinance language
- Cedar Rapids mobile food vendor administrative rules
- PowerPoint presentation overview of best practices
- Sample Mobile Food Vending License