More than 100 regional leaders came together Wednesday, May 25, to celebrate the recent implementations of The Tomorrow Plan — and looked ahead to the major initiatives in the coming year.
The opening and closing remarks were given by Polk County Supervisor Angela Connolly and Des Moines Mayor Frank Cownie, who serve as co-chairs of The Tomorrow Plan Steering Committee. Guest speakers included:
- Des Moines City Manager Scott Sanders
- Neal Smith Wildlife Refuge Manager Cheryl Groom
- Mercy Medical Center-Des Moines President Bob Ritz
- Dr. Nicole Gilg of Broadlawns Medical Center
- Clive City Council Member Susan Judkins, chair woman of the Council of Watershed Management Authorities
Their presentations are preserved here for review and reference.