The Central Iowa Bicycle-Pedestrian Roundtable (Bike-Ped Roundtable) formed in 2004 to further the development bicycle and pedestrian facilities in Central Iowa. The Bike-Ped Roundtable encompasses the planning areas of the Des Moines Area MPO, the Ames Area MPO, and the Central Iowa Regional Transportation Planning Alliance (CIRTPA).
The Bike-Ped Roundtable meets at 12:00 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month. Meetings are held in a hybrid format (in-person at the MPO Office and via Zoom) and are open to the public.
If you have questions about the Bike-Ped Roundtable, please contact Carl Saxon or call the MPO Office at 515-334-0075.
- InterConnect Plan – region’s new active transportation plan to replace the 2009 Connect Plan, to be completed Spring 2023
- Permanent Trail Counter Program – 8 EcoCounter MULTI counters purchased with a Wellmark Foundation Small MATCH Grant capturing data along the region’s primary/Level 1 trails
- TrafX trail counters are still available for checkout here.
- Model Ordinance for Regulating Bicycles and Personal Transportation Devices – background report and draft ordinance addressing historical points of conflict between vehicular and non-vehicular transportation and liability gray areas
- Trails Planning Subcommittee – best practices for building, maintaining, and protecting our regional trail network
- GIS Subcommittee – procedures for standardizing, updating, and using the regional GIS database
- Central Iowa Trails Map
- Regional Trails and GIS Contacts (Password: dmampo)
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Funding Opportunities: funding sources for pedestrian and bicycle activities and projects under U.S. Department of Transportation surface transportation funding programs
- Transportation Alternatives Data Exchange (TrADE): Rails-to-Trails Conservancy’s data source for trails and active transportation funding and spending
|September 2022 Agenda||Minutes|
|August 2022 Agenda||Minutes|
|July 2022 – CANCELLED|
|June 2022 Agenda||Minutes|
|May 2022 Agenda||Minutes|
|April 2022 Agenda||Minutes|
|March 2022 – CANCELLED|
|February 2022 Agenda||Minutes|
|January 2022 Agenda||Minutes|
|December 2021 Agenda||Minutes|
|November 2021 Agenda||Minutes|
|October 2021 – CANCELLED|
|September 2021 Agenda||Minutes|
|August 2021 Agenda||Minutes|
Planning to attend a meeting?
Anyone planning to attend MPO meetings who may need accommodations, such as auxiliary aids or translation services, should call the MPO office at 515-334-0075. Please call at least 48 hours in advance so that appropriate arrangements can be made.